Welcome to Tokyo Subway Map QAL (quilt-along)! This project starts today and will last until the year’s end. The pattern used is Tokyo Subway Map Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.
Here is the schedule as a quick overview, as was already suggested in the announcement blog post:
- Week 1 (31.8.-6.9.2015): Pink, red, and orange lines
- Week 2 (7.9.-13.9.2015): Yellow, light green, and dark green lines
- Week 3 (14.9.-20.9.2015): Light blue, dark blue, and purple lines
- Week 4 (21.9.-27.9.2015): Grey line and black stops
- Week 5 (28.9.-4.10.2015): White background
- Week 6 (5.-11.10.2015): White background
- Week 7 (12.-18.10.2015): White background
- Week 8 (19.-25.10.2015): Blocks 1 and 2
- Week 9 (26.10.-1.11.2015): Blocks 3, 4 and 5
- Week 10 (2.-8.11.2015): Blocks 6 and 7
- Week 11 (9.-15.11.2015): Blocks 8, 9 and 10
- Week 12 (16.-22.11.2015): Blocks 11 and 12
- Week 13 (23.-29.11.2015): Blocks 13 and 14
- Week 14 (30.11.-6.12.2015): Blocks 15, 16 and 17
- Week 15 (7.-13.12.2015): Blocks 18 and 19
- Week 16 (14.-20.12.2015): Blocks 20 and 21
- Week 17 (21.-27.12.2015): Blocks 22 and 23
- Week 18 (28.12.2015-3.1.2016): Blocks 24 and 25
The speed is an average, which will accommodate other projects to be made in parallel.
If you want to finish the whole quilt top by the end of the year, you might want to sew three blocks a week. This would mean you would finish by sewing the last block in week 16 (14.-20.12.2015), and then sew the quilt top during the last couple of weeks of the year.
I’ve heard of participants, who have already cut everything they need, and someone mentioned already having started sewing. Everyone is welcome to join at their own speed, as long as you get the quilt done! :)
You can find the announcement post here. You may use the graphic up on top in your blog posts and as a button, too. I will add a link to each blog post to a gallery page to be found here (which is the url you can link to, should you want a button), and every Monday I’ll update it with the newest post.