I didn’t realise just how much I’ve missed making these fabric palettes, but I did. I feel all warm, fuzzy, and almost a bit teary-eyed, too, from having finished one for you to look at again.
This time, I challenged myself to use black and white in a way that wouldn’t be psychedelic at all. I’m not sure I have succeeded, but it was great fun to audition fabric after fabric. I nixed a lot before even downloading, and then another handful once seeing them lined up in Finder.
A funny thing is, when beginning to look at all the information for my list below, I hadn’t realised how many of these fabrics are by Hawthorne Threads. I just thought they looked fresh and interesting, and went well together with the rest. In fact, it is news to me as per this moment that they even design – and print – their own fabrics now.
Fabrics in the palette, currently available at Hawthorne Threads:
- Etched, Basketweave in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Blend, Espresso in Black by Fiona Stokes-Gilbert for Windham Fabrics.
- Isometry, Geometry in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Origami Oasis, Thicket in Black by Tamara Kate for Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Enchanted, Teardrop Bead in Shadow by Michelle Engel Bencsko for Cloud 9 Fabrics.
- Etched, Half Moon Dot in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Petite Paris, Eiffel Tower in Ebony by Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Zambezi, Fronds in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Mod Prints, Dressforms in Black by Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Sakura, Meander in Gray by Makower UK for Andover Fabrics.
- Etched, Vanes in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Opposites Attract, Big Floral in Black on White by Jacqueline Savage Mcfee for Camelot Cottons.
- Zambezi, Giraffe Tribe in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
- Sew Charming, Circles in Black by Bo Bunny for Riley Blake Designs.
- Dots, Honeycomb Dots On White in Black by Riley Blake Designs.
- Etched, Hills in Onyx by Hawthorne Threads.
What say you? Too crazy to look at?