Fabrics in the palette:
- True Colors, Wood Grain in Teal by Joel Dewberry for Free Spirit Fabrics.
- Passport, Geometric in Red by Kelly Panache for Northcott Fabrics.
- Architextures, Hatch in Fern by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman.
- Daydreams, Reverie in Scarlet by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics.
- Chambray in Coral by Andover Fabrics.
- Dowry, Twill Bouquet in Evergreen by Anna Maria Horner for Free Spirit Fabrics.
- Wee Wander, Nature Walk in Coral by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Lush Harvest, Thatch in Green by Laura Foster Nicholson for Troy Fabrics.
- S’more Love, Forest in Pond by Eric & Julie Comstock for Moda Fabrics.
- Shot Cotton in Ginger by Kaffe Fassett.
- Scrumptious, Paisley in Lime by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.
- Botanics, Metallic Succulent in Teal by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman.
This is a typical bundle of fabrics all of which I wouldn’t use in equal proportions, but I would focus more on the tone-on-tone ones and carefully add of the multicoloured fabrics. For instance the Joel Dewberry Wood Grain is fabulous, but due to its insisting pattern I’d use less of this compared to for instance Forest, even though the latter has quite a dramatic look, as well.
While this is a personal preference, in the end everything depends on the pattern of choice and my ideas might not work at all. If this palette were to be used in a typical beginner pattern with lots of repetition of squares, rectangles and triangles, I might not be completely off in my assessment.
Once again it’s been fun to create a collection and since my previous palette there are quite a few new, wonderful fabrics for sale. Happy Valentine’s Day!