This palette was an experiment from start to finish. I decided to pick one fabric in random, then build the palette around it. I’m not sure this works, but at least there’s colour… Looking at them closer, I realise it’s almost Christmassy, which certainly wasn’t the intention seeing as we’re still in October only. There’s lots of stripes, too, perhaps too much? The best part is of course that you can decide in which proportions you will use fabrics of a bundle you’ve created yourself. Regardless I had fun switching positions around to avoid placing similar fabrics right next to each other!
Fabrics in the palette:
- Florence, Texture Stripe in Green by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit Fabrics.
- Confetti Dot in Emerald by dear Stella.
- Poppy Modern, Seed Pod in Green by Jane Dixon for Andover Fabrics.
- Wallflowers, Petal Foulard in Green by Allison Harris for Windham Fabrics.
- Poppy Modern, Wavy Stripe in Green by Jane Dixon for Andover Fabrics.
- Chirp Chirp, Blooms in Leaf by Momo for Moda Fabrics.
- A Merry Little Christmas, Scallop in Red by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake Designs.
- Sun Print, Bike Path in Grass by Alison Glass for Andover Fabrics.
- Wallflowers, Stems in Green by Allison Harris for Windham Fabrics.
- Poppy Modern, Seed Pod in Red by Jane Dixon for Andover Fabrics.
- Cotton Couture in Tan by Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Perrymint, Flower in Green by dear Stella.
- Chirp Chirp, Canopy in Leaf by Momo for Moda Fabrics.
- Scrumptious, Dot in Lime by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.
- In From The Cold, Ribbons in Marshmallow by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics.
- Technicolor, Braid in Leaf by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller Fabrics.
A funny thing I noticed after I had made the palette will most certainly be noticed by you as well, if you compare it to palette #2! I’m chuckling at the coincidence. I’m also chuckling at the fact that I didn’t want to create anything based on colour theory, but here we are looking at another palette featuring complementary colours. Enjoy!