The directions for making this Charm Squares Baby Quilt can be found through my previous post. E and L are close friends and so I did not want their quilts to look identical, but since I am starting out with no fabric stash to go to I thought it smarter to use at least some of the same fabrics. I think I have succeeded at making them look unique.
The fabrics that I will use are (left row, starting from upper left corner):
- Damask Pink from the Too Muchery fabric collection designed by Helen Dardik for P & B Textiles
- Stripes Pink from the Happier fabric collection by Deena Rutter for Riley Blake Designs
- Striped Daisy Marigold from the Treasures and Tidbits fabric collection by Piece O Cake Designs for Robert Kaufman
- Doughnut Dot Marigold from the Treasures and Tidbits fabric collection by Piece O Cake Designs for Robert Kaufman
- Cute Bots Pink from the I Heart fabric collection by Rashida Coleman Hale for Timeless Treasures
- Sashing: White 1387 Kona Cotton from Robert Kaufman
- Binding: Bright Pink 1049 Kona Cotton from Robert Kaufman
- Backing: Floral White from the Hoo’s in the Forest fabric collection by Doohikey Designs for Riley Blake
I am a little scared of the quilting but Elizabeth Hartmann makes quilt after quilt with the wonky-style straight lines that seem freehand to me, not made with masking tape as guide, so I am a bit reassured. Scary yet fun! Oh and I need a sewing machine, haha.